This section covers the cultural dimension of Nepali home cooking/cuisine. It contains not only detail about the different main Nepali cultures culinary traditions, but the experience of the Nepali diaspora community (UK context, but relevant in the broader West, and other lands) in preserving their culture(s) overseas, and sharing that with the peoples of the lands they have settled in.
Below, Nepal Far Western traditional dish,’Dubka’ (black / green lentil based) — dal/lental soup [mixed with bhat], and the circular, disc/lense shaped items to top left.
This section of the website covers the following topics:
- Nepali food — spiritual and cultural dimensions
- Special foods including some with spiritual associations, and food and trade connection
Interviews and articles:
- An Asian food store’s perspectives on Nepali & South Asian cuisine interest by British audiences
- Nepali food in the context of the British Army
- Sherpa culinary heritage — some insights from Mr Sana Sherpa, Chair of the Sherpa Association UK